A pot of gold at the end of every worker’s rainbow…this is how some of us see retirement. How about the most of us? Will there be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Truly, talking about the retirement gives me goose bumps. Will our daughter take care of us when we retire? Our daughter is a very sweet, kind, caring and loving person but her traits are not assurance that she will take care of hubby and me because she is going to have her own family and life. Besides, we don’t want to be her burden. What hubby and I want is to harvest that pot of gold and make the most of our retirement. But how can we do that?
I was browsing the net when a paperback caught my attention because of its title “Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery”. It is an incredibly simple step-by-step guide to investing money for your retirement written by Gail MarkJArvis, an award-winning personal finance columnist read by millions of people each week.
In this book you will discover…
- How much you’ll need and how to get there…even if you’ve fallen behind
- Exactly how to set up IRAs, 401(k)s, or 403(b)s in minutes and pocket your tax money
- How to harness the money-making power of the stock market
- How to pick the right mutual funds confidently with simple strategies and specific recommendations
- Incredibly easy, safe investing strategies based on professional money-management techniques
- “Gimmick-free” investing shortcuts that won’t backfire on you
- How to keep debt from making you poor
- How to get reliable help if you need it…and avoid incompetents or scam artists
- How the new 2006 pension laws affect you
I can’t wait to read it and learn all the guidelines and strategies that will help us build our retirement savings.