Releasing of certain information about sex offenders to public agencies and the general public will assist in protecting the public safety that is why a database of convicted sex offenders are created. The public may receive information about dangerous sex offenders who live or work in each community to prevent further victimization.
It seems that your children are not safe anywhere, even in the place where the most powerful president of the world lives. More often than not,an abuser or abductor is known to the child. He or she can be a neighbor, teacher, relative, school bus driver or family friend. Do not wait until you are informed that a sex offender is living nearby to begin educating yourself and your family on issues of sexual assault. Through sexual offender in Washington’s database, you can find out how many Washington sex offender are living near your home and who these sex offenders are.
Be vigilant and alert too to protect yourself and your family. You can take simple precautions as follows:
• Practice good security at home, at the office, and in your vehicle.
• Educate yourself on crime prevention tactics.
• Organize neighborhood block watches, if desired by your neighbors.
• Make an effort to know the people with whom your child is spending time.
• Practice basic safety skills with your children.
Awareness is your best defense in sex related crimes. Educate yourself and your family about sexual assaults.